Job Type: Permanent
Salary: A basic salary of £45,000 – £65,000 per annum, with real OTE potential
Location: Colliers Green, Cranbrook and throughout the South East of England
Are you a dedicated Business Development Manager with experience in sales in the renewable energy sector? If you have an excellent understanding of renewable energy project development processes and you are capable of assessing energy projects from an economical and legal perspective, we could have the role for you!
As the Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for identifying potential project opportunities, conducting feasibility assessments for investment purpose, negotiating and signing lease agreements, and acquiring all permissions that will be needed to instal solar panels.
You will use your expert project management skills to drive successful project completion whilst leveraging your confidence and the wealth of knowledge that you have gained from your position in the industry to build and maintain valuable stakeholder relationships.
There is the prospect of Board Directorship for this role!
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Manage the existing sales team and process; forecasting, reporting, training the sales team, budgets and performance management.
- Lead business development, networking and public framework relationships.
- Define target markets, and contacts within these market places, and then lead the strategy to engaging with such contacts.
- Relationship / Account management of new and existing customers.
- Collaborate with marketing to identify more effective strategies to generate sales.
- Identify and take responsibility for the relationship with stakeholders, externally and internally.
- Engage with the design and production teams to ensure contracts can be delivered on time.
- Active participation is essential.
Along with the ability to earn well (over £85k OTE per annum), we offer our team:
- 30 days holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays) plus a loyalty scheme up to 33 days
- Healthcare package
- Workplace pension
- Team building away days
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme/car allowance
- Laptop and mobile phone
- Full personalised L&D plan
- Strong career advancement opportunities
You will be based from our offices in Colliers Green, Kent, working in a team of enthusiastic people passionate about positively impacting our planet! There will be a requirement to travel, usually within the Southeast of England but could be required throughout the UK.
- Excellent understanding of solar panel renewable energy marketplace.
- Ability to represent the Company at all levels.
- Experience in managing a successful sales team.
- Experience in the sale of solar energy systems; or relevant construction products and services.
- Knowledge of bid requirements for the renewable energy industry.
- Strong Leadership and People Management skills.
- Excellent IT Skills.
- Eligible to work in the UK and a valid full UK driving licence.