We are looking for a Financial Controller to join our Head Office Team
Location: Colliers Green, Kent – TN17 2LR
If you are interested in working for a great company committed to helping our customers save the planet, then come and join us. We offer a fantastic team environment including team days, career opportunities, training, and more to boot!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Controller to join us in Colliers Green near Tonbridge in Kent. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in leading & developing the finance team, managing day-to-day financial operations for the business whilst also driving efficiencies and implementing controls.
In return for the following, we are looking for someone to join our Head office team:
- Permanent full-time employment
- A salary between £40,000 and £50,000, to start
- Opportunity to progress to Finance Director within the next 5 years
- A new, fresh office environment
- To be part of the management team, and to help drive the future shape of the business
In return we are looking for someone who:
- Is ACCA qualified
- Has a Minimum of 2-5 years of prior working experience in accounting with a demonstrable background
- Is also Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and Xero Accounts.
- Preparing monthly financial reports, performing account reconciliations & maintaining the general ledger including audit trail support for all journal entries
- Analytical review and analysis of financial data and generate monthly trend reports and balance sheet reconciliations ensuring financial statement accuracy investigating variances
- Prepare and reconcile all bank accounts resolving any discrepancies
- Production of monthly and quarterly results.
- Intercompany transfers
- Prepare and analyse account reconciliations
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies
- Assisting with annual reviews/audit preparation
- Complete all HMRC filings and returns
- Calculating Consignment Settlements working with other departments to ensure closed in a timely manner
- Supporting the sales team with customer tender completions
- Perform all related accounting functions required to maintain the general ledger in compliance with GAAP and company policy and procedures
- Implementing /strengthening processes and controls to improve reporting and accounting accuracy
- Developing / mentoring and oversight of the finance team, inc. hands on support
- This role will also require you to support with various ad hoc projects with the ability to influence senior leadership team and analyse scenarios with a solution orientated mindset, as they arise.
- Ability to work unsupervised independently with a sense of urgency, working to tight schedules and managing multiple projects
- Ability to work to the company philosophies and culture
- Result focused, metric driven
- Translate priorities and actions into measurable results
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong ability to identify and resolve
- Must demonstrate accuracy at all times and commitment to tasks
- Work well within a team environment and independently
- Customer centric
So, if you want a career where you not only earn and learn but also do something good for the future of our Planet then apply for this role by sending your CV to email@example.com